Thank you for your interest in the Habitat Critical Home Repair Program at Habitat for Humanity of Carroll County, Incorporated (“HHCC”). HHCC is a non-profit organization financed through private donations and utilizing volunteer labor. We are a “Hand Up, Not A Hand Out” program. Our purpose is to partner with families in need to provide a homeownership opportunity and to preserve homeownership.
HHCC offers a Critical Home Repair Program. The purpose of this program is to create a safe, healthy, accessible, and affordable home for existing homeowners. The Critical Home Repair program is not meant to complete typical homeowner tasks (mowing the lawn on a regular basis, cleaning gutters, changing air filters, etc.) or make cosmetic repairs due to homeowner neglect. Please read the following to see if you have an interest in our program and if you meet our general guidelines:
• You must be the homeowner that lives in the home that needs repair and the home must be in Carroll County, MD.
• You must have a need. The condition of your home should be such that minor exterior repairs and maintenance, landscaping, clean up, painting, deck and ramp construction can be completed by volunteers.
• Total household income range cannot be more than 80% of the median income for Carroll County, MD based upon family size.
• You will be required to provide your permission so that we can verify information on your application such as employment, income, debt, homeownership, and insurance coverage.
If Approved to Participate:
• We require that you and other adults living or visiting your home on the day of the event participate with our volunteers.
• The amount you pay for your repairs depends on the total costs of the project and your
ability to pay.
• Our goal is to keep project expenses as low as possible while still performing quality work.
• You must contribute a portion of the total cost of your approved projects based on a sliding scale repayment system.
• For families in the top two income levels, we require 10% of the total project costs as a
down payment. The balance will be divided into an affordable payment plan with 0% interest.
If you are interested in working with HHCC and believe you qualify for the Critical Home Repair Program, we encourage you to contact us at Habitat for Humanity of Carroll County at 255 Clifton Blvd, Suite 310, Westminster, MD 21157 or by email to email@example.com.
After you apply, we will contact you to let you know if you qualify for a home visit to inspect what needs to be done and determine the extent of work that has been requested to make sure that it fits the scope of program.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Habitat office at (410) 871-4131.
Download the application here: CCHFH Repair Application
Habitat for Humanity of Carroll County is pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout our service areas. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing based upon race, sex, familial status, physical or mental disability, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, presence of children, source of income, sexual orientation, gender, identity, age and family responsibilities.