Donate a vehicle to Cars for Homes, Humanity of Carroll County’s car donation program, to help support local families.
Your car donation is one more way that you can support our work in Carroll County. When you donate to Habitat for Humanity of Carroll County with Cars for Homes, we make it quick and easy. Your donation may also be a tax deduction.
We accept cars, trucks, RVs, vans, SUVs, boats, and motorcycles whether they are running or not. Towing is free!
Why should I donate my car to Humanity of Carroll County?
- All net proceeds from the sale of your vehicle will support Habitat for Humanity and help local families here in our communities.
- Your vehicle donation may qualify for a tax deduction.
- It’s fast and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work.
How do I donate my car in Carroll County?
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN), and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
- If you live outside of Carroll County MD, call the hotline: 1-877-277-4344 and let them know you would like your donation to benefit our affiliate.
What paperwork do I need to donate my car in Maryland?
- Maryland will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
What types of vehicles can I donate to Habitat for Humanity?
Habitat for Humanity accepts all kinds of vehicles including cars, trucks, SUVs, RVs, motorcycles, boats, planes, snowmobiles, farm equipment, and more. If you have any questions, feel free to call our team at 877-277-4344.
Can I donate a vehicle that does not run?
Absolutely! Your vehicle does not need to be running in order to donate it. But, it does need to have all tires inflated.
How much of a tax write-off do I get for donating my car?
When your vehicle is sold, that will determine the value. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you may be eligible to deduct the full selling price. If your vehicle sells for $500 or less, you can deduct the “fair market value” of your vehicle, up to $500. We recommend that you talk to your tax advisor to determine your personal tax deduction situation.