Homeownership is a partnership! When you buy a Habitat home, you actually purchase your home from Habitat for Humanity of Carroll County for an affordable monthly mortgage payment at 0% interest.
- Geography: Currently living or working in Carroll County
- Income: Less than 60% of the Area Median Income based on number of persons living in the home (chart below) but sufficient to afford the monthly mortgage payment
- Financial Strength: Satisfactory credit history
- Willingness to Partner: Sweat equity, publicity
- Need: Demonstrated need for affordable home
Would you like to be considered to be a Habitat for Humanity of Carroll County homeowner? While we are not accepting applications at this moment, you can sign up for our wait list. You will be notified when we release the next application.
Critical Home Repair Program
Habitat for Humanity of Carroll County is currently accepting applications for our critical home repair program. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must currently own a home in Carroll County, MD that is in need of critical repairs or accessibility modifications.
- Applicants must earn less than 60% of the Area Median Income based on number of persons living in the home.
- Applicants must be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity and work alongside our volunteers or complete service hours in the Habitat office.
- Applicants must have the ability to repay the costs of the repairs. Costs for repairs are generally less than customary due to the use of discounted materials and volunteer labor. Habitat for Humanity of Carroll County will work with each customer to design a zero percent interest repayment plan that fits their budget.
2018 Habitat for Humanity of Carroll County Program Income Limits
1 Person – $38,280
2 Person – $43,740
3 Person – $49,200
4 Person – $54,660
5 Person – $59,040
6 Person – $63,420
7 Person – $67,800
8 Person – $72,180
If you would like to apply for our Critical Home Repair Program, please complete this Application.